Some thoughts from this interview:
- "Art is really a fundamental part of the human experience because we are one of the few animals who make things for aesthetic and expressive reasons, not just for utilitarian ones. That's the fun of having a higher functioning brain."
- When you write, "there's a weird alchemy process of tone, pace, voice, character, so many elements to balance to get people to follow you where you're going."
- When you read, you "experience things by proxy."
- "Sometimes staring at words is like looking into the abyss."
- "How is the sound of S connected to its symbol?"